Maritime Technical Center students will undertake a year-long course of study taught by experienced industry professionals and will earn a technical certification in preparation for employment. Intensive hands-on supervised training will give students the practical skills they need to succeed at well-paying jobs. Creativity and innovation as well as teamwork and problem-solving will be emphasized.
MTC's comprehensive curriculum will include the following subject areas:
- Woodworking: Learn to build the internal structure of a boat and create a unique space for the owner's comfort.
- Composites: Many boats are made of fiberglass. Learn to create mold designs that become new and useful items. Learn to repair breaks.
- Machinery/Mechanics: Work with mechanical parts and repair engines. These skills are in high demand in the marine world.
- Electrics/Electronics: Learn to light up a boat and power its devices and tools. This work is similar to an electrician's work at general construction jobs.
- Seamanship/Boat Handling: People who work on or around boats must know how to move them safely under all conditions.
- ...and much more! For those who want to start their own business, MTC will offer classes in project management and entrepreneurship.